So, what’s the latest status on COVID and the Dominican Republic?
in Dominican Republic
- Altos de Chavon is the recreation of a medieval European town, complete with an open-air amphitheater, cobble-stone roads and a charming church.
- Saona Island is part of a government-protected natural reserve, which is why it is one of the most beautiful spots of the country, in addition to Catalina Island.
- There are hundreds of animal species that inhabit Saona Island. In there you can find several types of turtles, beautiful birds like the monk parakeet, odd reptiles like the rhinoceros iguana, manatees, dolphins and fishing bats.
- Humpback whales come every year from December to March for mating on the Bay of Samana, in the northwestern part of the island.
- The Hispaniola Island has a warm tropical climate and varied elevations. This offers amazing variations in flora and fauna, from beachside coconut trees to elevated coffee plantations in the mountains.
- The Dominican Republic has an average temperature of 78 °F (26 °C), ranging from 73 °F (23 °C) in winter to 82 °F (28 °C) during the summer.