The plastic in the Environment is a serious problem for nature. If we all make an effort to make a responsible use of plastic we will favor the conservation of nature on land and sea.
Did you know that a plastic bag can take more than a century to decompose completely? Likewise, buried plastic bottles can take 1,000 years to degrade.
At present there are alternatives created with potato starch, but they are not very widespread yet due to their higher cost in the market.
We share with you these tips to make responsible use of plastic and thus put our small grain of sand to care for the Environment:
1 Carry reusable bags or a shopping cart when you go shopping.
2. Optimizes the use of plastic in bottles. Although here in the Dominican Republic tap water is not potable, try to choose containers with more capacity, 5 liters for water or 2 liters for soft drinks.
3. If you work in an office or similar, bring your own cup of coffee to work.
4. Try to avoid disposable or single-use containers, such as cutlery or plastic cups.
5. Preferably buy bulk foods, as in the case of fruits and vegetables.
6. Try to recycle plastic containers, cans and briks.
7. Last point, but not least. When you go on an excursion or to spend the day in the open air, take all the trash you can with you back. Do not throw it in the sand, sea water, or on the street.
Please, take care of the environment to continue enjoying it in the future.